Friend: Let’s look at other tragedies happening in the West and how the authorities reacted.
Friend: Those responsible got swiftly arrested. Got lengthy prison sentences. Nationwide safety checks. Places shut down.
Friend: Medvedev said the party organizers had “neither brains, nor shame” and will be “punished to the full extent.” It’s not an idle threat.
Friend: I have an advice for people who want to “chient chient thare.” Be careful! Beware of people like Medvedev! Their words and actions can really hurt!
Friend: Buddha and Vinaya never required monks to do “chient chient thare.” To monks who pestered villagers with “give me this! and give me that!,” what did Buddha tell them?
Friend: He told them to go sit under a tree and meditate! (Like him). Evidently, Buddha didn’t have a high regard for monks who preferred “chient chient thare.”
Friend: “Influencing a donation” in whatever shape or form is strictly forbidden. It’s a Vinaya offense.
Friend: Like “persuading” people to set up Nibban Zay Stalls.
One dead in Moscow nightclub fire | Russia | RIA Novosti
One person died early on Tuesday when flames engulfed a nightclub in downtown Moscow, emergency services said.
Earlier reports said 250 people had been evacuated from an adjacent residential building, but that there were no casualties in the Opera nightclub.
…According to officials, the nightclub was closed for 30 days in December last year due to poor fire safety record.
Nationwide fire safety checks were ordered by President Dmitry Medvedev after a fire late last year killed over 150 people at a nightclub in the west Urals city of Perm.
Russian Nightclub Fire Kills at Least 111 People (Update2) – Bloomberg
Dec. 6 (Bloomberg) — The death toll from a fire at a nightclub in the Russian city of Perm rose to 111, with 123 injured, the Emergency Ministry said. President Dmitry Medvedev declared tomorrow a national day of mourning.
(Friend: See who really love and care for people)
Of the injured, 23 are in Perm hospitals, while 100 were transferred to hospitals in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Chelyabinsk, an officer at the Emergency Ministry’s Perm office said by telephone today.
The fire broke out in the city’s popular Lame Horse club on Dec. 4 after an explosion; it took an hour to extinguish, the ministry said in a statement on its Web site. State television Vesti said the death toll was at 112.
About 250 people were in the club to mark its eighth anniversary when the fire broke out. Vesti broadcast video footage of the burning ceiling made by one of the club-goers and customers rushing to the exit in panic.
The fire started in the ceiling and quickly spread across the club, Emergency Minister Sergei Shoigu told Medvedev in a televised video call yesterday. “At the start of the fire, lights went out, there was panic,” he said.
Law enforcement officials ruled out a terrorist act, saying the fire was caused by the violation of instructions on handling fireworks. Shoigu today requested that the use of fireworks be banned at mass events, Vesti reported.
Interior Minister Rashid Nurgaliyev told Medvedev on the same call that no trace of explosives was found at the club. Many died of smoke suffocation, he said. Investigators arrested four people suspected of being responsible for the fire, RIA Novosti state news service said…
Medvedev ordered General Prosecutor Yuri Chaika to investigate the accident. Investigators detained all the managers of the club, while the club’s owner, who is also among suspects, is in a hospital, RIA Novosti said, citing Marina Zabbarova, head of the investigative department of the Perm prosecutor’s office.
‘No Brains, No Shame’
Medvedev said the party organizers had “neither brains, nor shame” and will be “punished to the full extent.” Shoigu said the club had been told twice to improve fire safety.
Fire safety is lax in Russia with many cases of fires breaking out due to negligence in public venues. In July 2008, a Moscow court convicted two bartenders of fire-code violations after 10 people died in a nightclub in March 2007.
Bartenders tried to put on a “a fire show,” lighting alcohol in an ashtray while waitresses danced on the bar at the 911 VIP club in the Russian capital. The court sentenced the bartenders to 3 1/2 years in a minimum-security prison.
Russia to mourn Perm victims on 40th day since tragedy | Russia | RIA Novosti
Authorities shut discos at Russian Cosmodrome over fire safety
Authorities shut discos at Russian Cosmodrome over fire safety | Russia | RIA Novosti
Russian court authorities on Friday closed two disco bars and a cafe at the leased Cosmodrome Baikonur complex in Kazakhstan in line with a nationwide safety campaign launched after a disastrous fire in a Urals night club.
President Dmitry Medvedev ordered compliance checks in regard to safety rules in all places of leisure after a fire in the Lame Horse club in the city of Perm that killed 155 people in December.
YouTube – Russian Nightclub Fire Kills 109; Many Crushed
A blaze sparked by onstage fireworks tore through a nightclub ceiling covered in decorative twigs and plastic sheeting early Saturday, killing at least 109 people and critically injuring about 90 in Russia’s deadliest fire since the fall of the Soviet Union, witnesses and officials said. (Dec. 5)