This is something I did not know……..!!!!
Microwaving Water

Microwaving  Water!

A  26-year old man decided to have a cup of coffee. He took a cup of  water and put it in the microwave to heat it up (something that he  had done numerous times before). I am not sure how long he set the  timer for, but he wanted to bring the water to a boil.. When the  timer shut the oven off, he removed the cup from the oven. As he  looked into the cup, he noted that the! Water was not boiling, but  suddenly the water in the cup ‘blew up’ into his face. The cup  remained intact until he threw it out of his hand, but all the  water had flown out into his face due to the buildup of energy.  His whole face is blistered and he has 1st and 2nd degree burns to  his face which may leave scarring.

He also may have lost  partial sight in his left eye. While at the hospital, the doctor  who was attending to him stated that this is a fairly common  occurrence and water (alone) should never be heated in a microwave  oven. If water is heated in this manner, something should be  placed in the cup to diffuse the energy such as a wooden stir stick, tea bag, etc…, (nothing metal).



About etone

etone has written 851 post in this Website..

Goooooooooooooooooood 4 nothing lady !!!