Joomla is a very popular Content Management System. It is open source software and is used for a wide range of websites, and also intranets. It is available for free under a GNU or General Public License. It is beneficial for making a diversity of websites and can easily handle a variety of content: static pages, blogs, polls, news feeds, and search features. Joomla is recognized for its ease of use as well as for creating fantastic looking web pages.
Joomla CMS Advantages:
- One of the most positive features of Joomla is the fact that it is easy to add new articles, content, images and video to your website with just a few clicks. While Joomla is very complex, there are a lot of tutorials and how-to articles provided by the Joomla community, so you can quickly learn how to use it.
- Another advantage to using Joomla is that people with very little HTML knowledge or experience are also able to create their own templates. There are also plenty of extensions (plugins) provided by the Joomla community, so that Joomla Developers can easily link to forums, shopping carts or other features to their dynamic website.
- Installing new modules, templates and extensions is done via the admin panel. You just upload the add-on and activate it.
- Maintaining a Joomla powered website is simple and straightforward
- Corporate websites or portals
- Real Estate Websites
- Online commerce
- Hotel and Tourism websites
- Small business websites
- Non-profit and organizational websites
- Government applications
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- School and church websites
- Personal or family homepages
- Community-based portals
- Magazines and newspapers
- the possibilities are seemingly endless…
Joomla CMS Disadvantages:
- Joomla has restricted modules and limited variety of templates but will still experience too cookie-cutter for more impressive customers, although less so than WordPress.
- Each website will require Joomla to be installed separately.
- Joomla is written in PHP and MySQL, there is no connection to PostgreSQL or support for PDO.
- The system generated URL’s are poor for SEO, so you will need to use a 3rd party extension to fix them.
- If you are new to content management systems, you might get lost when you try to use Joomla, as there are many screens you need to work with before your website will look like the way you want it to look.
- Also, there is no update function for the Joomla system or for the extensions, so all updates have to be done manually.
Hire Joomla Developer from expert Indian Open Source CMS Development Company offer best responsive Joomla Development Services for our customers including Joomla Web Design, Joomla Theme Design, Joomla Template etc. Also provide the eCommerce Website Development like Magento, PrestaShop and iPhone Development.